By Robert O. Bonow, Douglas L. Mann MD, Douglas P. Zipes MD MAAC, Peter Libby MD PhD
Braunwald’s middle sickness is still your imperative resource for definitive, cutting-edge solutions on each element of up to date cardiology. Edited by means of Drs. Robert O. Bonow, Douglas L. Mann, Douglas P. Zipes, and Peter Libby, this dynamic, multimedia reference is helping you practice the latest wisdom in molecular biology and genetics, imaging, pharmacology, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, and masses extra. Weekly updates on-line, in my view chosen through Dr. Braunwald, continually continue you present at the most crucial new advancements affecting your perform. more suitable top class on-line content material contains new dynamic cardiac imaging video clips, middle sound recordings, and podcasts. With sweeping updates all through, and contributions from a "who’s who" of worldwide cardiology, Braunwald’s is the cornerstone of powerful practice.
- Continuously entry crucial new advancements affecting your perform with weekly updates in my view chosen via Dr. Braunwald, together with targeted experiences, "hot off the click" commentaries, and late-breaking medical trials.
- Practice with self assurance and triumph over your hardest demanding situations with recommendation from the pinnacle minds in cardiology this day, who synthesize the full country of present wisdom and summarize all the most modern ACC/AHA perform guidelines.
- Locate the solutions you would like quickly due to a common, full-color layout with greater than 1,200 colour illustrations.
- Search the entire contents on-line at www.expertconsult.com.
- Stay on most sensible of the most recent advances in molecular imaging, intravascular ultrasound, cardiovascular regeneration and tissue engineering, equipment treatment for complex middle failure, atrial traumatic inflammation administration, structural center affliction, Chagasic center affliction, ethics in cardiovascular medication, the layout and behavior of medical trials, and plenty of different well timed topics.
- Hone your scientific abilities with new dynamic cardiac imaging movies, center sound recordings, and podcasts at www.expertconsult.com.
Braunwald’s center sickness keeps to supply the simplest cardiology info with improved top class multimedia positive aspects, generally revised content material, and new international experts.
Read or Download Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 9th Edition PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
* A complete resource of knowledge at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA scientific sequence released along side the yankee middle organization * makes a speciality of high-interest and rising issues in heart problems unique to cardiologists and different healthcare services * a great tool for investigating, comparing and treating some of the most very important lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now attaining a bigger viewers, [this booklet] serves as a great total contribution to the swiftly evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody agencies, Inc. Loaded with tips, tips, and professional recommendations to daily scientific difficulties, this booklet is a needs to for all experts and trainees appearing cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast moving global of scientific education, scholars are frequently inundated with the what of electrophysiology with out the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the likely disparate myriad observations of scientific perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable entire.
- Grossman's Cardiac Catheterization, Angiography, and Intervention
- Asymptomatic Carotid Artery Stenosis: A Primer on Risk Stratification and Management
- Cardiovascular Review 1982
- Ubiquitous Cardiology: Emerging Wireless Telemedical Applications
Additional info for Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, 9th Edition
Researchers have sought to explain better the variation in IHD mortality in Europe and Central Asia by analyzing additional factors.
Mortality from diabetes is also increasing.  Interestingly, Asian countries face a relatively larger burden of diabetes compared with the Europe and Central Asia or Latin America and Caribbean regions.  Indonesia, Pakistan, and Bangladesh are in the top 10 in terms of high absolute number of diabetics. Asian populations may have a higher risk for developing diabetes, even at a lower BMI, because of a greater tendency toward visceral obesity.  Obesity Obesity is increasing throughout the world, particularly in developing countries, where the trajectories are steeper than those experienced by developed countries.
Smoking rates are extremely high in men but lower in women. In China, smoking rates are above 60% in men and below 10% in women. Tobacco use is high in many Pacific Islanders as well.  The attributable burden of CHD caused by smoking mirrors these patterns.  The rates of obesity more than doubled over 20 years in men, and increased by almost 50% in women. Hyperlipidemia is generally less common in East Asia than in the Pacific Islands. 5 mmol/L was 36% and had almost doubled since prior measurements 10 years earlier.