By Matti Weckström
This booklet provides a multidisciplinary method of cardiac mechanotransduction. The chapters depict the numerous faces of the subject, from membrane and ion channel point to mechanics, biochemical signaling and legislation through hormone platforms. Cardiac Mechanotransduction is of curiosity to uncomplicated existence sciences, like body structure, biochemistry and pharmacology, but additionally to clinicians operating with heart-related difficulties, comparable to cardiologists and internists.
Read or Download Cardiac Mechanotransduction (Medical Intelligence Unit) PDF
Best cardiovascular books
* A accomplished resource of knowledge at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA medical sequence released along side the yankee center organization * specializes in high-interest and rising subject matters in heart problems particular to cardiologists and different healthcare services * a useful gizmo for investigating, comparing and treating some of the most very important lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now achieving a bigger viewers, [this booklet] serves as an exceptional total contribution to the quickly evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody firms, Inc. Loaded with counsel, tips, and professional strategies to daily medical difficulties, this booklet is a needs to for all experts and trainees acting cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast-paced global of medical education, scholars are frequently inundated with the what of electrophysiology with no the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the possible disparate myriad observations of medical perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable entire.
- Coronary Heart Disease - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Cardiac Care: An Introduction for Healthcare Professionals
- Metabolic Syndrome and Cardiovascular Disease, Second Edition
- Heart Disease in Men, 1st Edition
- The ECG Made Easy, 8th Edition
- Cardiovascular Disease: Molecular and Cellular Mechanisms, Prevention, and Treatment
Extra info for Cardiac Mechanotransduction (Medical Intelligence Unit)
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 1993; 2 6 4 : H 9 6 0 - H 9 7 2 . 34. Sato R, Koumi S. Characterization of the stretch-activated chloride channel in isolated human atrial myocytes. J Membr Biol 1998; 163:67-76. 35. Kawakubo T , Naruse K, Matsubara T et al. Characterization of a newly found stretch-activated Kca,ATP channel in cultured chick ventricular myocytes. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 1999; 276':H1827-H1838. 36. Levin KR, Page E. Quantitative studies on plasmalemmal folds and caveolae of rabbit ventricular myocardial cells.
It has been suggested that the strong-binding crossbridge actually increases the affinity of TnC for Ca^^ through protein-protein interactions within the thin filament. ^^' The crossbridge plays a pivotal role in the length-tension relationship of cardiac muscle, and in a quest to understand this, the search has focused on factors that increase the probability of crossbridge formation. Aside from the degree of overlap of actin and myosin within the sarcomere, there are a number of factors that affect the probability of crossbridge formation.
Kentish J C , Wrzosek A. Changes in force and cytosolic Ca^^ concentration after length changes in isolated rat ventricular trabeculae. J Physiol (Lond) 1998; 506:431-444. 130. Alvarez BV, Perez N G , Ennis IL et al. Mechanisms underlying the increase in force and Ca^^ transient that follow stretch of cardiac muscle: A possible explanation of the Anrep effect. Circ Res 1999; 85:716-722. 131. Perez N G , de Hurtado M C , Cingolani H E . Reverse mode of the Na*-Ca^^ exchange after myocardial stretch: Underlying mechanism of the slow force response.