By R. Douglas Wilkerson (Eds.)
Read Online or Download Cardiac Pharmacology PDF
Best cardiovascular books
* A complete resource of knowledge at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA medical sequence released along side the yank center organization * makes a speciality of high-interest and rising themes in heart problems specific to cardiologists and different healthcare companies * a useful gizmo for investigating, comparing and treating essentially the most vital lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now achieving a bigger viewers, [this ebook] serves as an outstanding total contribution to the swiftly evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody firms, Inc. Loaded with counsel, methods, and specialist ideas to daily scientific difficulties, this e-book is a needs to for all experts and trainees appearing cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast moving global of medical education, scholars are usually inundated with the what of electrophysiology with no the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the possible disparate myriad observations of scientific perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable complete.
- Integrative Cardiology (Weil Integrative Medicine Library)
- Varicose Veins - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Heart Failure: A Combined Medical and Surgical Approach
- Optical Coherence Tomography in Cardiovascular Research
- Interventional Cardiology: Principles and Practice
- Stress and the Heart: Psychosocial Pathways to Coronary Heart Disease
Additional resources for Cardiac Pharmacology
This points out the need for a beta blocking agent that counteracts sympathetic stimuli influencing cardiac electrical but not cardiac mechanical activity. That such an approach might be possible is indicated from the report of Bonelli (1978). This investigator describes a selective blocking effect of mepindolol sulfate on cardiac ß 1 receptors mediating changes in heart rate as opposed to receptors mediating changes in cardiac contractile force. Drugs that either activate or inhibit vagal influences on the heart also influence cardiac rhythm disorders.
Digitalis Neural effects of digitalis drugs are important in treating cardiac arrhythmias (Gillis and Quest, 1978). In terms of treating atrial arrhythmias, their effect to slow ventricular rate in patients with either atrial flutter or fibrillation results 2. Drugs Affecting Cardiovascular Function 35 from neurally mediated changes in A-V conduction. Some of the slowing in ventricular rate that occurs in atrial flutter is due to the development of atrial fibrillation and enhancement of concealed conduction.
1976). The CNS mechanism(s) whereby clonidine exerts its antihypertensive effect appears to be due to activation of α-adrenergic receptors. Evidence for this has been summarized in the two recent reviews on this drug (Schmitt, 1977; Kobinger, 1978). The question of whether this involves activation of pre- or postsynaptic α-adrenergic receptors is not fully resolved. However, it has been reported that clonidine produces the same reduction in sympathetic nerve activity in animals depleted of CNS catecholamines by coadministration of reserpine and a -methyl-/?