By Glenn N. Levine MD FACC FAHA
For greater than 30 years, The secrets and techniques sequence® has supplied scholars and practitioners in all parts of wellbeing and fitness care with concise, concentrated, and interesting assets for fast reference and examination review. Cardiology secrets and techniques, fifth Edition, gains the secrets and techniques’ popular question-and-answer format that still contains lists, tables, and an easy-to-read sort - making reference and overview speedy, effortless, and enjoyable.
- The Secrets sequence® format offers the main go back on your time - concise, effortless to learn, enticing, and powerful - now with an improved organization that makes details even more uncomplicated than ever to find.
- Written by way of international specialists and idea leaders in cardiovascular disease.
- Top a hundred Secrets
and Key issues boxes supply a quick assessment of the secrets and techniques you want to recognize for fulfillment in perform.
- Portable size
makes it effortless to hold with you for fast reference or evaluation at any place, each time.
- New devoted sections
on peripheral vascular and cerebrovascular illness, venous thromboembolic illness, and particular populations and prerequisites, plus a devoted bankruptcy on new direct oral anticoagulant agents.
- New chapters added
on hypercoagulability states, particular valvular lesions, sleep apnea and the center, middle affliction in girls, cardio-oncology, cardiac arrest, transcatheter aortic valve alternative (TAVR), carotid artery ailment, and hemorrhagic stroke.
- Several hundred illustrations, figures, and movement diagrams - a hundred+ are new!
- Expert seek advice™ publication model integrated with purchase.
This enhanced publication experience helps you to seek all the textual content, figures, Q&As, and references from the booklet on various units.
Read Online or Download Cardiology secrets PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
* A complete resource of knowledge at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA medical sequence released together with the yankee center organization * specializes in high-interest and rising subject matters in heart problems certain to cardiologists and different healthcare companies * a useful gizmo for investigating, comparing and treating probably the most vital lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now achieving a bigger viewers, [this publication] serves as an outstanding total contribution to the speedily evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody agencies, Inc. Loaded with assistance, methods, and professional options to daily scientific difficulties, this e-book is a needs to for all experts and trainees appearing cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast moving global of scientific education, scholars are usually inundated with the what of electrophysiology with out the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the likely disparate myriad observations of scientific perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable entire.
- EKG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy, 5th Edition
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors
- Pocket ECGs: A Quick Information Guide
- Neonatal Cardiology, Third Edition (Cardiolgy)
- Congenital Heart Disease: A Surgical Color Atlas
- Two-dimensional Echocardiography in Infants and Children
Extra resources for Cardiology secrets
405) Figure 3-4. Severe hyperkalemia. The rhythm strip demonstrates the preterminal rhythm sinusoidal wave seen in cases of severe hyperkalemia. (Adapted with permission from Levine GN, Podrid PJ: The ECG workbook: a review and discussion of ECG findings and abnormalities, New York, Futura Publishing Company, 1995. p. 503) 26 CHAPTER 3 ELECTROCARDIOGRAM 10. What are the ECG findings in pericarditis? The first findings are believed by some to be PR segment depression caused by repolarization abnormalities of the atria.
11. What is electrical alternans? In the presence of large pericardial effusions, the heart may ‘‘swing’’ within the large pericardial effusion, resulting in an alteration of the amplitude of the QRS complex (Fig. 3-5). II Figure 3-5. Electrical alternans in a patient with a large pericardial effusion. Note the alternating amplitude of the QRS complexes. (From Manning WJ: Pericardial disease. ) 12. What is the main ECG finding in hypercalcemia and hypocalcemia? With hypercalcemia the QT interval shortens.
It can be obliterated by pressing (with finger or stethoscope) over the area of maximal intensity. BIBLIOGRAPHY, SUGGESTED READINGS, AND WEBSITES 1. Heart Sounds and Cardiac Arrhythmias: An excellent audiovisual tutorial on heart sounds. blaufuss. org/ 2. html 3. Constant J, Lippschutz EJ: Diagramming and grading heart sounds and murmurs, Am Heart J 70:326-332, 1965. 4. Danielsen R, Nordrehaug JE, Vik-Mo H: Clinical and haemodynamic features in relation to severity of aortic stenosis in adults, Eur Heart J 12:791-795, 1991.