By Robert H. Christenson PhD, Hassan M. E. Azzazy PhD, DABCC (auth.), David A. Morrow MD, MPH (eds.)
So quickly has the variety of cardiac assays on hand grown, after which more suitable, that present biomarkers not just diagnose heart problems, but in addition body remedy techniques. In Cardiovascular Biomarkers: Pathophysiology and illness administration, a individual panel of across the world famous opinion makers and specialists in medical and laboratory drugs synthesize the newest advancements within the use of cardiac biomarkers by means of the training doctor. The authors specialise in integrating biomarkers into the modern medical administration of sufferers with heart problems, emphasizing medical reviews, evidence-based diagnostic algorithms, and significant pathways for triage and remedy, each time on hand. in addition they remove darkness from the connections among particular biomarkers and the fundamental pathophysiology of heart problems, clarify the analytical houses of the assays correct to medical perform, and spotlight rising biomarkers and novel instructions for biomarker improvement. quite a few figures, illustrations, and tables make key proof and useful directions simply accessible.
State-of-the-art and hugely sensible, Cardiovascular Biomarkers: Pathophysiology and sickness administration makes transparent to contemporary busy cardiologists, emergency room physicians, and internists how many of the assays practice, which of them they need to order whilst comparing their sufferers, and the way the result of a biomarker assay can advisor their healing approaches.
Read or Download Cardiovascular Biomarkers: Pathophysiology and Disease Management PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
* A complete resource of knowledge at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA medical sequence released together with the yankee middle organization * makes a speciality of high-interest and rising issues in heart problems exact to cardiologists and different healthcare services * a useful gizmo for investigating, comparing and treating probably the most very important lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now attaining a bigger viewers, [this ebook] serves as an exceptional total contribution to the swiftly evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody corporations, Inc. Loaded with counsel, methods, and specialist strategies to daily medical difficulties, this e-book is a needs to for all experts and trainees appearing cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast-paced global of scientific education, scholars are usually inundated with the what of electrophysiology with no the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the possible disparate myriad observations of medical perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable entire.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment (Contemporary Cardiology)
- Manual Of Perioperative Care In Adult Cardiac Surgery Fourth Edition
- Leukopenia - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- The Echocardiographers' Guide
Additional info for Cardiovascular Biomarkers: Pathophysiology and Disease Management
Ishikawa Y, Saffitz JE, Mealman RL, Grace AM, Roberts R. Reversible myocardial ischemic injury is not associated with increased creatine kinase activity in plasma. Clin Chem 1997;43:467–475. 37. Lee TH, Rouan GW, Weisberg MC, et al. Sensitivity of routine clinical criteria for diagnosing myocardial infarction within 24 hours of hospitalization. Ann Intern Med 1987;106:181–186. 38. Christenson RH, Vaidya H, Landt Y, et al. Standardization of creatine kinase-MB (CK-MB) mass assays: the use of recombinant CK-MB as a reference material.
Am Heart J 2002;144:981–986. Venge P, Lagerqvist B, Diderholm E, Lindahl B, Wallentin L. Clinical performance of three cardiac troponin assays in patients with unstable coronary artery disease (a FRISC II substudy). Am J Cardiol 2002; 89:1035–1041. Tate JR, Heathcote D, Koerbin G, et al. The harmonization of cardiac troponin I measurement is independent of sample time collection but is dependent on the source of calibrator. Clin Chim Acta 2002;324: 13–23. Tate JR, Heathcote D, Rayfield J, Hickman PE.
5. Lack of standardization for cTnI assays. Data are from the 2004 College of American Pathologists CAR-A Survey for Cardiac Markers (see ref. 20). Although each commercial assay (y-axis) demonstrates linearity for the two survey materials, they differ in the slope (“s”) of the line relative to the Dimension HM assay (arbitrarily selected as the predicate x-axis). *First-generation assay, no longer available. Table 2 Reasons for Lack of Concordance Among Cardiac Troponin Assays • Lack of standardization of the calibrating materials • Differences in the specificity of the antibodies used in the assays • Variability in the various forms of troponin found in blood and the reactivity of antibodies to these forms • Differences in the analytic performance of assays with particular reference to analytic sensitivity and assay imprecision determine whether they had acceptably low matrix-associated variations (“commutability”) when diluted in human serum or a suitable diluent selected by the manufacturer, and whether they could be used as calibrators to produce identical results for different cTnI assays (“harmonization”).