By Ewa Dabrowska
Drawing at the conceptual gear of cognitive grammar, this article goals to convey order into the array of makes use of by means of supplying a unified semantic characterization of the dative case which subsumes either "lexically ruled" and "free" datives.
Read Online or Download Cognitive Semantics and the Polish Dative PDF
Best semantics books
Cet ouvrage suggest de jeter un nouveau regard sur des questions qui sont au cœur des problématiques de linguistique française étudiés dans les Cahiers Chronos. Plusieurs auteurs étudient des questions de temps et d'aspect (Apothéloz & Nowakowska, Haas & Huyghe, Lauze, Lebas-Fraczak, Moline, Provôt ; Deslés & Vinzerich) ou des emplois modaux (Engel ; Forsgren & Sullet-Nylander, Lansari, Morency, Patard & Vermeulen).
During this selection of articles, the writer displays at the nature of language, the paintings of lexicography and the advancements in verbal exchange, the media and data expertise within the past due twentieth century. the 3 major matters checked out are: language at huge, and particulary English, the main normal language within the background of the realm; the paintings and learn of dictionaries and reference technological know-how, embracing all previous, current and strength reference fabrics - from the "OED" to the "Yellow Pages"; and the techniques during which communique, info and information has evoloved - from cave artwork to the private machine.
The just about entire put out of your mind of the verse epic as a style nonetheless helpful of significant dialogue and earnest research is all too obvious in German literary feedback. the one try to view the style in its evolution in the course of the centuries is Heinrich Maiworm's necessary yet unavoidably just a little perfunctory old survey of the German epic which seemed within the moment quantity of Deutsche Philologie im Auf,iss.
Drawing at the conceptual equipment of cognitive grammar, this article goals to deliver order into the array of makes use of by way of delivering a unified semantic characterization of the dative case which subsumes either "lexically ruled" and "free" datives.
- Lo Obvio Y Lo Obtuso, Edition: 1st.
- The Bloomsbury Companion to Stylistics
- Metaphor and Iconicity: A Cognitive Approach to Analyzing Texts
- Language in Time and Space: A Festschrift for Werner Winter on the Occasion of His 80th Birthday
- Bloomsbury Companion to Systemic Functional Linguistics (Continuum Companions)
- What did Jesus Mean?: Explaining the Sermon on the Mount and the Parables in Simple and Universal Human Concepts
Extra resources for Cognitive Semantics and the Polish Dative
Uciekl/ Zwial nam nasz wigzien. ' Finally, a special subgroup in this category comprises verbs of exchange, which describe situations in which one object leaves the sphere of influence and another takes its place. (55) a. Ktos podmienil mi akumulator. ' (55) b. Rozmieni mi pani sto zlotych? ' (55) c. Podstawili mu szpicla. ]' In all three cases, the verb profiles the movement of an object into or out of someone's sphere of influence. It is thus fully compatible with the meaning of the dative case.
For example, the bodily sensation predicates of (96) can also denote physical conditions (100). The experiential and the physical senses differ only with respect to the kind of setting they occur in: the sphere of awareness or a physical location. (100) Wpokoju bylo gorqco/cieplo/zimno/duszno. ' 44 The meaning of the dative Some of the emotional predicates discussed earlier in this section also have related senses which allow the region in which the emotion takes place to be specified by means of a locative prepositional phrase.
50) a. Wpadla mi w rqce bardzo ciekawa ksiqzka. ' The dative and the semantics of the verb 27 (50) b. Trafito εις slepej kurze ziarno. ' (50) c. Napatoczyl siq nam strasznie smieszny szczeniak. 16 This view of the events contrasts with the one encapsulated in (51), where the verb refers to the work and the remuneration as one event. (51) Ladnie zarobilam na tlumaczeniach. ' Just as one's sphere of influence grows when new items are added to it, it shrinks when one's possessions leave it. The person who loses control over an object is thus a kind of target person.