By William H. Frishman
Edited by way of a world-renowned scientific heart specialist, pharmacologist and medical researcher, in addition to significant figures in complementary drugs perform, Complementary and Integrative remedies for heart problems is the 1st textual content to debate the entire significant Complementary and replacement drugs (CAM) practices which were used for heart problems prevention and remedy. The booklet contains discussions of the capability advantages and dangers of other cures for remedy and prevention of heart problems, in addition to their integration into average treatment. cures lined contain using nutriceuticals (vitamins, amino acid, and usual antioxidants and minerals), natural treatments (plus strength natural remedy-drug interactions), a number of mental and rest techniques (mind/body remedies, hypnosis, biofeedback and cognitive treatment, etc.), numerous substitute drugs disciplines (including QiGong and TaiChi, Ayurveda and Yoga), local American practices, homeopathy, osteopathy, and particular modalities (such as acupuncture, auriculotherapy, chelation, aromatherapy, song remedy, sauna, meditation and prayer, animal-assisted remedy, Shiatsu and therapeutic massage, magnetotherapy, and spinal twine stimulation). Chapters on particular techniques and remedies are prepared to debate the historical past and intent at the back of every one substitute perform, the strengths and weaknesses of the to be had medical reviews, the aptitude hazards and merits, and the way the remedy can be built-in right into a traditional clinical practice.
- Edited by means of a renowned medical heart specialist and researcher, each one bankruptcy presents authoritative and evidence-based evaluate of CAM perform with regards to cardiovascular medicine.
- This is the 1st entire textual content on CAM as utilized in the prevention and therapy of cardiovascular disease.
- Provides execs with the entire acceptable info to respond to questions from sufferers approximately CAM treatments.
- Coverage of a large choice of cures makes this ebook useful for medical use.
- Each bankruptcy makes use of an evidence-based method of describe a particular CAM perform or method after which backs the data up with to be had research.
- All chapters are prepared in a similar way with applicable use of tables, figures, and supplementary severe dialogue.
- Introductory chapters on placebo and medicolegal implications of CAM perform provides readers additional information on how one can organize those people who are drawn to integrating CAM care and solutions questions on felony ramifications.
- Includes serious discussions on nutriceuticals (vitamins & vitamins) and natural drugs as they relate to heart problems remedy and prevention.
- Covers either the remedy and prevention of heart problems, making this booklet the main complete and precious reference to be had almost about CAM and cardiac illness.
- Covers a wide selection of CAM modalities, ways, and regional/indigenous practices and cures, giving the practitioner entry to the various cures that will be worthwhile in his or her practice.
- A distinct bankruptcy at the Columbia-Presbyterian Integrative drugs application demonstrates how a clinician can enforce a CAM software for care and learn reasons in a hospital-clinic setting.
Read or Download Complementary and Integrative Therapies for Cardiovascular Disease PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
* A accomplished resource of knowledge at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA medical sequence released at the side of the yank center organization * makes a speciality of high-interest and rising issues in heart problems specified to cardiologists and different healthcare companies * a great tool for investigating, comparing and treating probably the most vital lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now attaining a bigger viewers, [this ebook] serves as a good total contribution to the quickly evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody corporations, Inc. Loaded with counsel, methods, and professional suggestions to daily medical difficulties, this ebook is a needs to for all experts and trainees acting cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast-paced global of scientific education, scholars are usually inundated with the what of electrophysiology with no the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the doubtless disparate myriad observations of scientific perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable entire.
- ACLS Review Made Incredibly Easy (Incredibly Easy! Series®)
- Cardiac Care: An Introduction for Healthcare Professionals
- Management of Acute Coronary Syndromes. Contemporary Cardiology, 1st Edition
- Progress in Cardiac Arrythmia Research
- Principles and Practice of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance in Congenital Heart Disease: Form, Function and Flow
Extra info for Complementary and Integrative Therapies for Cardiovascular Disease
Hahn RA: The nocebo phenomenon: concept, evidence, and implications for public health, Prev Med 26:607-11, 1997. Nies AS: Principles of therapeutics. In Hardman JG, Limbird LE, editors: Goodman and Gilman’s Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, ed 10, New York, 2001, McGraw Hill: 45-66. Clark PI, Leaverton PE: Scientific and ethical issues in the use of placebo controls in clinical trials, Annu Rev Public Health 15:19-38, 1994. FDA Draft: Guidelines for the Clinical Evaluation of Anti-anginal Drugs, January 10, 1989.
63. 64. 65. 66. 67. Veterans Administration Cooperative Study Group on Antihypertensive Agents: Effects of treatment on morbidity in hypertension: results in patients with diastolic blood pressures averaging 90 through 114 mm Hg, JAMA 213:1143-52, 1970. Goldring W, Chasis H, Schreiner GE, Smith HW: Reassurance in the management of benign hypertensive disease, Circulation 14:260, 1956. Raftery EB, Gould BA: The effect of placebo on indirect and direct blood pressure measurements, J Hypertens 8(Suppl 6):S93-100, 1990.
Chapter 2 Legal Issues in Integration of Complementary Therapies Into Cardiology Practice 35 Case G C diagnoses P conventionally and determines that P must schedule bypass surgery to avoid a possible myocardial infarction. P has the bypass surgery and later learns that there is some evidence in the medical literature, albeit conflicting, that chelation therapy might have been a preferred alternative. P is angry at C for not disclosing the possibility of chelation therapy and claims that if he had been properly informed, he would have elected to try this treatment instead of bypass surgery.