By Issam D. Moussa MD, Steven R. Bailey MD, Antonio Colombo MD
Complications of Interventional Cardiovascular Procedures is a finished atlas that covers the aptitude issues for the whole variety of interventional approaches. The emphasis all through is on a realistic, worthy presentation with an ''atlas'' kind of layout. every one worry is gifted first with a case instance: case description; the way it used to be handled; why it occurred; and a dialogue of even if and the way it might were kept away from for that reason. Following is a broader presentation offering extra context on why the categorical hassle might ensue; how you can expect it; tips on how to stay away from or reduce it if attainable and the way to handle it if it happens. Key issues in bulleted structure are provided as ''Lessons'' highlighted in the course of the textual content.
Complications of Interventional Cardiovascular Procedures is concise and offers info succinctly for effective studying and fast scientific reference. A spouse DVD provides chosen video loops of the approaches.
Complications of Interventional Cardiovascular Procedures Features:
- Practical bullet aspect presentation, effortless to benefit from or assessment prior to systems are played
- Hundreds of top of the range photographs
- Editors and members are across the world well-known interventional specialists
- Companion DVD of chosen video loops for the procedures
The accompanying DVD runs on net Explorer nine and above, Firefox 3.5 and above, Safari three and above, Chrome three and above, Opera 10.5 and above, and all HTML five browsers.
Read or Download Complications of interventional cardiovascular procedures : a case-based atlas PDF
Best cardiovascular books
* A finished resource of data at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA scientific sequence released at the side of the yank middle organization * specializes in high-interest and rising issues in heart problems certain to cardiologists and different healthcare services * a great tool for investigating, comparing and treating some of the most very important lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now achieving a bigger viewers, [this booklet] serves as an outstanding total contribution to the swiftly evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody organisations, Inc. Loaded with information, tips, and specialist options to daily medical difficulties, this ebook is a needs to for all experts and trainees appearing cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast moving global of medical education, scholars are usually inundated with the what of electrophysiology with no the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the likely disparate myriad observations of medical perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable complete.
- Cardiovascular Disease in the Elderly
- Cardiology Intensive Board Review
- Mayo Clinic Cardiology: Concise Textbook (Mayo Clinic Scientific Press)
- Cardiac Imaging Cases (Cases in Radiology)
- Kaplan's Clinical Hypertension
- Cardiac Mechano-Electric Coupling and Arrhythmias
Additional info for Complications of interventional cardiovascular procedures : a case-based atlas
Pancholy S, Coppola J, Patel T. Subcutaneous administration of nitroglycerin to facilitate radial artery cannulation. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2006;68(3):389–391. Coppola J, Patel T, Kwan T, et al. Nitroglycerin, nitroprusside, or both, in preventing radial artery spasm during transradial catheterization. J Inv Cardiology. 2006;18(4):155–158. Gilchrist IC. Transradial technical tips. Cathet Cardiovasc Interven. 2000;49(3):353–354. 3 A Guide Catheter–Induced Dissection of the Subclavian Artery CLINICAL HISTORY AND DIAGNOSTIC TESTING RESULTS A 65-year-old man had a history of DM, hypertension, and known CAD with recurrent angina while on medical therapy.
After deﬂating the balloon, always perform angiography before removing the balloon to ensure absence of perforation. Once a perforation has occurred, the dual-guide catheter technique is an effective strategy to deliver covered stents because it allows for continuous hemostasis at the perforation site until the stent is delivered proximal to the perforated segment. SUGGESTED READING Ben-Gal Y, Weisz G, Collins MB, et al. Dual catheter technique for the treatment of severe coronary artery perforations.
The patient was discharged the second day without any complications. 5b). PROCEDURE PCI of the RCA was performed through the right TRA using standard technique. 5 (a) Pseudoaneurysm at radial puncture site and (b) depigmented scar at radial puncture site. CASE ANALYSIS Our standard practice after transradial PCI is to remove the introducer sheath immediately and apply a TR Band. This device has an inﬂatable cuff, which is ﬁlled with 13 to 17 cc of air to create occlusive pressure at the puncture site.