By Icon Health Publications
In March 2001, the nationwide Institutes of future health issued the next caution: "The variety of websites supplying health-related assets grows each day. Many websites supply useful info, whereas others could have details that's unreliable or misleading." additionally, a result of quick bring up in Internet-based details, many hours could be wasted looking, picking, and printing.This e-book used to be created for doctors, scholars, and contributors of most of the people who are looking to behavior clinical examine utilizing the main complex instruments to be had and spending the smallest amount of time doing so.
Read Online or Download Congenital Heart Disease - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
* A finished resource of data at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA scientific sequence released along with the yankee middle organization * specializes in high-interest and rising issues in heart problems distinct to cardiologists and different healthcare prone * a great tool for investigating, comparing and treating probably the most very important lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now achieving a bigger viewers, [this e-book] serves as an outstanding total contribution to the speedily evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody organisations, Inc. Loaded with information, methods, and specialist strategies to daily scientific difficulties, this e-book is a needs to for all experts and trainees acting cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast-paced international of medical education, scholars are usually inundated with the what of electrophysiology with no the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the likely disparate myriad observations of scientific perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable entire.
- Textbook of Clinical Electrocardiography
- Topics in Structural Heart Disease (Emerging Concepts in Cardiology Series)
- EKG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy, 5th Edition
- Complications During Percutaneous Interventions for Congenital and Structural Heart Disease
- Two-dimensional Echocardiography in Infants and Children
- Handbook of Complications during Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions
Extra info for Congenital Heart Disease - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
While PFO in humans is in most cases clinically benign, it can nonetheless be regarded as a mild variant of ASD, and indeed our studies in mice strongly support the hypothesis that there is a pathological continuum between PFO and ASD. In the course of our studies, we recognised a pronounced variability in the frequency of PFO and other septal abnormalities between inbred strains of wildtype mice. These strain-specific effects also profoundly modify the incidence and severity of septal defects in Nkx2-5 heterozygotes.
Based on preliminary studies, at least three genes can cause ASD. To date there have been no report of a gene whose mutation causes a simple, common heart defect such as ASD. Identification of such genes would provide an important perspective of both normal and abnormal cardiac development. ; Professor; Children's Hospital of Philadelphia 34Th St and Civic Ctr Blvd Philadelphia, Pa 191044399 Timing: Fiscal Year 2004; Project Start 15-FEB-2004; Project End 31-JAN-2009 Summary: (provided by applicant): Gene abnormalities have now been demonstrated to be responsible for the pathogenesis of a number of types of congenital heart disease.
JMJ is a novel protein whose molecular function remains unknown. JMJ contains the putative DNA binding domain that is homologous to the DNA binding transcription factor family, ARID. JMJ also contains the homologous region to the retinoblastoma binding protein (RBP) that binds to the retinoblastoma gene product (Rb). Rb is a key regulator of cell growth and differentiation. Our preliminary studies indicate that JMJ is a DNA-binding nuclear protein that contains a transcriptional repressor domain.