By Audrius Bredikis MD, David Wilber MD
Cryoablation of Cardiac Arrhythmias, by means of Audrius Bredikis, MD and David Wilber, MD, is the 1st finished textual content dedicated exclusively to the potent and acceptable use of cryoablation within the administration of cardiac arrhythmias. This undemanding, all-in-one reference offers transparent causes complemented by way of ample, fine quality, full-color medical pictures, and at-a-glance tables making it effortless to entry the knowledge you must grasp even the main tough cryoablation approaches for grownup sufferers, pediatric/adolescent sufferers, and cardiac surgical procedure sufferers. on-line entry at www.expertconsult.com permits you to swiftly look for pictures and fast find the solutions to any questions.
- Deepen your figuring out of all features of cryoablation in cardiac arrhythmias whereas development your medical wisdom of the newest applied sciences and approaches.
- Master the most recent cryoablation systems for grownup sufferers (AVNRT cryoablation, WPW and septal pathways, atrial flutter, atrial traumatic inflammation, balloon-based cryoablation, RVOT cryoablation); pediatric and adolescent sufferers (AVNRT cryoablation, WPW cryoablation, cryoablation for pediatric coronary sinus); and cardiac surgical procedure sufferers (left atrial cryoablation process for AF; epicardial cryoablation of AF in sufferers present process mitral valve surgical procedure; epicardial ablation with argon-based cryo-clamp; cryoablation of ventricular tachycardias).
- Implement actually diversified views and around the world top practices from a workforce of participants and editors constituted of the world’s best specialists.
- Find details quick and simply due to constant and tightly concentrated chapters and a full-color layout with tables, illustrations, and fine quality images.
- Access the e-book from any computing device at expertconsult.com, whole with the entire textual content and photo library.
Timely new reference at the therapy of Cardiac arrhythmias with cryoablation an improved safeguard profile in comparison to radiofrequency ablation, so there's a significant shift of curiosity towards cryoablation.
Read Online or Download Cryoablation of Cardiac Arrhythmias PDF
Best cardiovascular books
* A complete resource of knowledge at the administration of cardiogenic surprise * a part of the AHA scientific sequence released along with the yank middle organization * makes a speciality of high-interest and rising subject matters in heart problems particular to cardiologists and different healthcare services * a useful gizmo for investigating, comparing and treating some of the most very important lingering demanding situations in acute cardiovascular care
Now attaining a bigger viewers, [this e-book] serves as an outstanding total contribution to the quickly evolving box of interventional cardiology. -- Doody organisations, Inc. Loaded with advice, methods, and professional options to daily scientific difficulties, this e-book is a needs to for all experts and trainees acting cardiac catheterizations.
Within the fast-paced global of medical education, scholars are frequently inundated with the what of electrophysiology with no the why. This new textual content is designed to inform the tale of electrophysiology in order that the possible disparate myriad observations of scientific perform come into concentration as a cohesive and predictable complete.
- Color Atlas and Synopsis of Vascular Disease
- Cardiovascular Nuclear Medicine and MRI: Quantitation and Clinical Applications
- Neonatal Cardiology, Third Edition (Cardiolgy)
- Practical Methods in Cardiovascular Research
Additional resources for Cryoablation of Cardiac Arrhythmias
An inflated esophageal balloon is located only 3 mm from the cryotip electrode. The seven thermocouples on the esophageal balloon are located very close (3 mm) to the ablation electrode. CS, coronary sinus. 6 mm. 3°C. Three other thermocouples recorded temperatures less than 0°C. The remaining three thermocouples identified significantly greater temperatures. 3ЊC Canine Model of Esophageal Injury during Atrial Fibrillation Ablation Immediately after cryoablation Ulcer 7 mm x 6 mm A 2 weeks after cryoablation Ulcer 5 mm x 4 mm B 4 weeks after cryoablation Healed ulcer 4 mm x 3 mm regenerated mucosa C 51 n Figure 4–11 Healing process of esophageal ulceration after cryoablation.
Ann Thorac Surg 76:281–283, 2003. 7. Borchert B, Lawrenz T, Hansky B, Stellbrink C: Lethal atrioesophageal fistula after pulmonary vein isolation using high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU). Heart Rhythm 5:145–148, 2008. 8. Cummings JE, Schweikert RA, Saliba WI, et al: Assessment of temperature, proximity, and course of the esophagus during radiofrequency ablation within the left atrium. Circulation 112:459–464, 2005. 9. Marrouche NF, Gunther J, Segerson NM, et al: Randomized comparison between open irrigation technology and intracardiac-echo-guided delivery for pulmonary vein antrum isolation: Procedural parameters, outcomes, and the effect on esophageal injury.
Elastic fibers are stained black; there is no visible damage as fibers travel from normal myocardium throughout the lesion (stained blue). B, same preparation, original magnification ×40. Factors That Determine Cryolesion Formation and Cryolesion Characteristics Disrupted endothelial boundry Endothelial boundary maintained Thrombus present Minimal thrombus Fibrosis complete 31 Well demarcated Hemorrhage still present Fibrosis started n Figure 3–9 Cryolesion comparison with RF lesion. Masson’s trichrome staining; original magnification ×16.