By Gerd Ludemann
Have been the resurrection appearances actual actual events--or not anything greater than grief-induced hallucinations? Gerd Ludemann topics the hot testomony traditions to an intensive research. Readers will discover a new method of viewing the resurrection.
Read Online or Download What Really Happened to Jesus: A Historical Approach to the Resurrection PDF
Best history & culture books
The EGOV convention sequence intends to evaluate the state-of-the-art in e-Gove- ment and to supply information for learn and improvement during this fast-moving ? eld. the yearly meetings assemble best learn specialists and p- fessionals from all around the globe. hence, EGOV 2003 in Prague outfitted at the achievements of the first EGOV convention (Aix-en-Provence, 2002), which p- vided an illustrative review of e-Government actions.
The net revolution has come. a few say it has long past. sooner or later of rules, Lawrence Lessig explains how the revolution has produced a counterrevolution of probably devastating strength and impact. Creativity as soon as flourished as the web secure a commons on which widest diversity of innovators might test.
This quantity addresses crucial matters regarding the examine of latest testomony writings. revered senior students have introduced jointly a crew of individual experts to introduce the Jewish, Hellenistic, and Roman backgrounds important for figuring out the recent testomony and the early church.
This quantity explores a couple of situations of unforeseen yet influential readings of the Bible in pop culture, literature, movie, tune and politics. The argument in them all is that the consequences of the Bible keeps to affect modern tradition in ways in which may possibly shock and occasionally dismay either non secular and secular teams.
- Galilee in the Late Second Temple and Mishnaic Periods: The Archaeological Record from Cities, Towns, and Villages
- Designing Information Technology in the Postmodern Age: From Method to Metaphor (Leonardo Books)
- Colossus: The secrets of Bletchley Park's code-breaking computers (Popular Science)
- Strategic Computing: DARPA and the Quest for Machine Intelligence, 1983-1993 (History of Computing)
- Computation and the Humanities: Towards an Oral History of Digital Humanities (Springer Series on Cultural Computing)
Extra info for What Really Happened to Jesus: A Historical Approach to the Resurrection
6b,44), the course of which is thought of as being necessary in all its elements. 37 Here Luke puts particular emphasis on the paradoxical discovery that the suffering and death of Jesus do not mean a failure but his victory: the Christ destined for glory had to suffer. This notion was inconceivable for Jews.  This expresses the general Lukan conviction that Christ is mentioned in the books of Moses and in the Prophets (cf. 35), but does not produce any quotations to attest this. 2831)  The destination has almost been reached.
27). 47. In all three cases Mary of Magdala appears at their head. Mark evidently thought that this was the same group around Mary. 41 that they had already followed Jesus at an early stage in Galilee and served him (cf. 31). Here we need to ask whether the multiple mention of the women goes back to different traditions. If this could be demonstrated, we would have all the more reason to assume that the basis of this was a group of people who were generally known at the time. 40f. gives the impression of being isolated in its context.
41. ' 42. They gave him a piece of broiled fish, 43. and he took it and ate before them. 44. ' 45. Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures, 46. and said to them, 'Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, 47. and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be preached in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48. You are witnesses to these things. 49. ' 50. Then he led them out as far as Bethany, and lifting up his hands he blessed them.